LICENSES |
驾照 |
Off-Island Licenses |
外岛驾照 |
If you will be in the Commonwealth for 30 days or fewer and you want to drive a car, a motorcycle, or a motor scooter here, you must: |
如果您在联邦停留不超过 30 天并想驾驶汽车、摩托车或轻便摩托车,您必须: |
1. Be at least 16 years old, and |
1. 年满 16 岁;并且 |
2. Have a valid driver’s license from outside the Commonwealth. |
2. 持有联邦以外地区签发的有效驾驶执照。 |
Commonwealth Licenses |
联邦驾照 |
If you will be in the Commonwealth for more than 30 days and you want to drive a car, a motorcycle, or a motor scooter here, you must get a Commonwealth driver’s license. |
如果您在联邦停留超过 30 天并想驾驶汽车、摩托车或轻便摩托车,您必须申请联邦驾驶执照。 |
To get a Commonwealth license, you must: |
要获得联邦驾照,您必须: |
1. Be at least 16 years old. |
1. 年满 16 岁。 |
2. Fill out an application at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. This application will ask you: |
2. 在机动车辆管理局 (BMV) 填写申请表。申请表将要求填写: |
– Your name |
– 您的姓名 |
– Your age |
– 您的年龄 |
– Your sex |
– 您的性别 |
– Where you live |
– 您的居住地址 |
– If you have had a driver’s license in another place before |
– 您是否曾在其他地方持有驾驶执照 |
– If you have ever had your driver’s license taken away |
– 您是否曾被吊销驾驶执照 |
3. Pass a test of your vision. |
3. 通过视力测试。 |
4. Pay a fee of \$50 (discounted for veterans with appropriate proof of military service). |
4. 缴纳 50 美元费用(退伍军人凭相关证明可享折扣)。 |
5. Give the Bureau of Motor Vehicles proof of your identity. You can ask the Bureau for a list of the documents you can use to prove your identity. |
5. 向机动车辆管理局提交身份证明。您可向 BMV 索取可用来证明身份的文件清单。 |
If this is your first driver’s license, you must also: |
如果这是您首次申请驾照,您还必须: |
1. Pass a test to show that you know safe driving practices and Commonwealth traffic laws and can read and understand traffic signs. |
1. 通过笔试,以证明您了解安全驾驶规范和联邦交通法规,并能识读交通标志。 |
2. Pass a road test. The examiner will watch you drive to see if you can drive safely. |
2. 通过路考。考官将观察您的驾驶,以评估您是否能安全驾驶。 |
3. Pass further physical or mental exams, if required. |
3. 如有需要,还须通过额外的身体或心理测试。 |
Your license will expire three years after you receive it. It will contain information about you such as your full name, date of birth, height, weight, eye color, gender, and have your signature. |
驾照将在您领取后三年到期。驾照上将包含您的姓名、出生日期、身高、体重、眼睛颜色、性别及签名。 |
There are special licenses for chauffeurs (people who drive for money) and for people who want to drive large trucks that weigh more than 10 tons (9 metric tons), buses, taxis, motorcycles, and motor scooters. |
对于职业司机(以驾驶为谋生手段的人),以及驾驶超过 10 吨(9 公吨)的大型卡车、巴士、出租车、摩托车和轻便摩托车的驾驶者,设有特殊驾照。 |
Driving without a valid license has a punishment of up to a \$500 fine or up to six months imprisonment. |
无有效驾照驾驶,最高可被罚款 500 美元,或处六个月监禁。 |