Learner’s Permits |
学习者许可证 |
If you are learning how to drive, you can apply for a learner’s permit. |
如果您正在学习驾驶,您可以申请学习者许可证。 |
This permit will let you drive if you have someone riding in the car who is at least 21 years old and who has had a driver’s license for at least one year. |
如果车内有一位年满 21 岁、并持有至少一年驾驶执照的人陪同,您可以凭此许可证驾驶。 |
This permit costs \$20 and lasts for 60 days. |
此许可证费用为 20 美元,有效期为 60 天。 |
INSURANCE |
保险 |
You may not drive a motor vehicle in the Commonwealth unless it has insurance. |
在联邦,车辆必须投保才能上路。 |
Insurance pays for damages if you crash. |
保险可以在发生事故时赔偿损失。 |
As the driver or owner of a vehicle, it is your responsibility to have insurance. |
作为车辆的驾驶员或车主,您有责任投保。 |
You should keep proof of the insurance in your car. The proof must be an insurance card. |
您应在车内保留保险凭证,凭证必须为保险卡。 |
A police officer may ask you for proof of insurance at a traffic stop or at a crash. |
在交通拦截或事故现场,警察可能会要求您出示保险凭证。 |
You can be fined if you drive without having insurance, and the Court can take away your driver’s license if you drive without having insurance. |
如果无保险驾驶,您可能会被罚款,法院还可以吊销您的驾驶执照。 |
REGISTRATION |
车辆注册 |
If you own your car, you must register it with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV). |
如果您拥有车辆,必须在机动车辆管理局 (BMV) 注册。 |
You must fill out an application and pay a fee. The fee is \$60 for most cars. |
您必须填写申请表并缴纳费用。大多数车辆的费用为 60 美元。 |
The sale or transfer of a vehicle must be reported to the BMV immediately. |
车辆出售或转让必须立即向 BMV 报告。 |
Before your car is registered, you must have insurance on the car, and it must pass a safety inspection. |
在车辆注册前,车辆必须投保并通过安全检查。 |
There are many places in the Commonwealth that are certified to inspect cars. |
本联邦有许多认证的车辆检查站。 |
If all the important parts of your car work correctly, the inspector will give you a report that says your car is OK to drive. |
如果车辆的关键部件运作正常,检查员会出具“车辆可安全驾驶”的报告。 |
Take that report to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles when you register your car. |
注册车辆时,将该报告提交给机动车辆管理局。 |
When you register your car, the Bureau of Motor Vehicles will give you a registration card. |
注册车辆后,BMV 将向您提供车辆注册卡。 |
You must keep this card in your car. If the police pull you over, you must show the registration card to the police officer. |
您必须将注册卡保存在车内。被警察拦下时,必须出示注册卡。 |
Registration is valid for only a one-year period. |
车辆注册有效期为一年。 |
To avoid a late fee, you must renew your registration within the grace period of 10 business days after the last day of the expiration month. |
为避免滞纳金,您必须在注册到期月的最后一天起 10 个工作日内完成续期。 |
BEFORE YOU DRIVE |
驾驶前检查 |
Check Your Car |
检查车辆 |
Make sure all the lights on your car work: turn signals, brake lights, taillights, headlights, and emergency flashers. |
确保车辆所有灯具正常工作:转向灯、刹车灯、尾灯、前大灯和紧急闪灯。 |
Keep your lights clean. Dirt on them can reduce the light by as much as 50%. |
保持灯具清洁。污垢可能会使照明效果降低多达 50%。 |
Replace the windshield if it is cracked or broken. It can be very dangerous if something hits a cracked or broken windshield. |
如果挡风玻璃破裂或损坏,请更换。破裂的挡风玻璃在撞击时会非常危险。 |
Keep your windshield clean. A dirty windshield is hard to see through. |
保持挡风玻璃清洁。脏污的挡风玻璃会影响视线。 |